Wednesday 25 September 2013

Drawing and Painting Assignments

These are one of the drawing and painting assignments we had back in Sec 2. We were suppose to visit a market in June and take photos, then from there, we were to choose 2 to draw with pencil. The painting was just to paint a still life, which must be food, with acrylic paint. 

Pencil
A3
2011
Pencil
A3
2011
Reference photos
To be honest, looking back now, I think that I did not really do a good job for these two. Perhaps it's just that I didn't use to draw very well back then, but the quality of drawing is pretty bad. There were definitely points that I should have done much better, such as adding in much more contrast, I think that I might have been afraid of making mistakes if I had shaded in too much shadows, but this made the whole drawing look very pale and lack highlights. Also, I really should not have blended the shadings, as without a proper blending stump, the whole drawing looked kind of dirty (especially for the second one). Though I am glad that the proportions were generally alright:) And at least I think I had improved in these areas a lot more in the past 2 years:) Improvement = good!:D
Strawberries
Acrylic paint on paper
A3
2011
I think this was the first acrylic painting on paper I've done..I remember getting quite annoyed when I was painting, as I was pretty bad with mixing colours back then (as you can probably see;), but overall, I am quite happy with it, especially because I painted without a photo reference:)

No comments:

Post a Comment