Wednesday 18 September 2013

Photography: Sunset

Every Cloud Has a Silver Lining
Great Ocean Road, Australia
Dec 2012

Great Ocean Road, Australia
Dec 2012


These are two of the photos I took during my trip in Australia, when we (my parents and I) were driving along the Great Ocean Road. The sun was beginning to set, and its light could be seen shining though layers of clouds, forming a pool of light on the surface of the ocean. I was mesmorised by this scene from behind the car window. We stopped at a few lookout points along the way to take photos (even though we were kind of rushing to get to the next town on time), and one was when we had to leave the road and travel by foot to a point out by the cliff, and these two photos were taken there!

I was really glad that we had stopped to capture these fleeting moments of the beauty in nature. I had always been attracted to sunrises and sunsets, because in those short few minuets, they were always able to amaze me with how magical and unique they are everytime. One would never be able to predict how a sunset would look like, yet know that it will always be beautiful, and that is the magical thing about elements of nature.

As we continued on our way, watching the sun sink below the horizon, I felt a sense of nostalgia, but was also glad that I have captured its beauty in the camera. The sun has set, but in the short period of time where it had shone beautifully was captured, and appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. Nice contrast and picture quality! Especially the second one, silhouetting the tree branches with the sunset. Any more pictures of the trip?

    ReplyDelete