Sunday 8 September 2013

School Camp Shirt Design

Graces
Ink
This is my final design for next years' Sec 4 school camp--Graces! (though I think it's not called Graces anymore):

I was inspired by a painting for a dancing girl, and I thought that she looked elegant, graceful and confident of herself, which is why I decided to incorporate her in this design. The pose of the girl in my design is very similar to that of the girl in the painting (I just simplified her into a line drawing and changed some details). However, as I felt that the solid lines of the design made it looked too heavy and solid, the lightness and liveliness of the dancing girl was missing, so I decided to add in some feathers, which was also symbolic in some ways (e.g. elegance and grace from swans, wisdom and knowledge from quils, girls with dreams from dreamcatchers and so on.)

I think perhaps I can still improve on the variation of the thickness of lines and try to make the design lighter, but overall, I thought that it was not too bad:)

No comments:

Post a Comment